Monday, September 15, 2008

Time revamp....






I really didn't think my submission wasn't really strong, so I decided to do another post for the hell of it.








Before I attended IUPUI, I went to The University of Southern Indiana. I was doing the same thing that I was doing here, but IUPUI has a way better program. Two of the classes I took were Photography and Advanced Photography. It wasn't digital at all. All the photos I processed were all from Black and White 35 mm film. I processed all the photos myself and mounted them. A couple pieces of my work reflected the concept of time. Here are some of them. (I scanned the images from there mount).













Here is a photo I took at a Carnaval in Evansville. I used high speed B & W Film.



I believe this picture stops time in it's tracks and suspends it to get a feel of what the little girl is feeling.







Here is a photo I took using the same high speed film. It's of a back alley in Evansville. Once Again...time is suspended. But...you can only see a blur where the people are. Time is suspended in this picture to get an essense of a lonely back alley.




My Last photo represents the suspension of time as well. You notice while time is suspended, the street remains the same as if it were timeless in a way. It's like the street moves and ages at a way slower pace than our preception of time.

1 comment:

j.nick said...

It's awesome that you got to do some 'real' photography. Not long from now people will only read about film and most people now wouldn't know how to utilize a 'film' camera. What you re-posted is a great representation of time. B&W photos seem to have a harsh reality to them that conveys a lot of emotion. Diggin' it.